header

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Body Confidence...or lack of it

I have been sitting on the fence with regards to writing this post for a while now, but as this issue troubles me & I am sure many of you on a daily basis I felt it would be appropriate to post it.

Body confidence, is it something you ooze or something that you have never had, or maybe you've just forgotten what it feels like.

In a society where there is so much pressure in the world to look a certain way and to be a certain size, I feel really sorry for the younger generations of today, because there is so much pressure on them to look good.

I remember when I was little and the things I had to worry about were what I was going to spend my pocket money on, or playing out in the garden. Today there is no escaping the pressures and constant need and demand for stereotyping both young boys and girls to look a certain way as they mature.

You may remember a post I wrote in support of National Eating Disorder Week, If you missed it catch up by clicking HERE as part of this post I told you all about my own battles with weight and body dismorphya disorder.

Lately with my holiday coming up, and my other half having the body of a model as the gym is his second home the pressure has been really getting to me and to be honest I am dreading going on holiday and parading around in my bikini in front of him.

I want him to be proud of me not embarrassed, I know after speaking to a lot of my girlie friends that they too feel the same way, and some of them have bodies of supermodels, so I know I am not alone in this.

With summer just around the corner I really wanted to get your feedback, I would love to know if you love the thought of summer, but does the thought of revealing clothes fill you with dread?
Does your partner make you feel confident to bear your skin or do you feel really overconfident and want to hide it away? Maybe you have had a baby and no longer feel confident, either way let me know your views.

I will be reviewing my summer must have products to help you feel as good as you can if or when the sun ever shows it's face!

Would LOVE to hear your thoughts on this.

xXx

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/missemmakelly/TwitterSocialMediaIcons_zpsd7efbf10.png