header

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Microdermabrasion @ Hyde Park Clinic



I have been curious about Microdermabrasion for quite some time, so I thought I would finally take the plunge and go for it!

Microdermabrasion has been dubbed the lunch time peel. It is quick, easy and has a rapid recovery time. A single medical Microdermabrasion session may remove as much as of the surface layer of skin as 3 x 30% Glycolic Peels!

I chose the Hyde Park Clinic in Plymouth, as they are well known and trusted for these kind of procedures, as well as having the very best in trained professionals and doctors performing them.

I never had bad acne as a teen but I have always suffered from larger pores on my cheeks, nose & chin, I'm really conscious of them & no amount of foundation will cover them.

I know this picture will scare you but here is a close up of my skin prior to my treatment.....

 
You can see my skin tone is uneven and quite red, I am so conscious of my scarring and large pores too :(
So my treatment took an hour and was actually really relaxing! I had a full cleanse and polish prior to the microdermabrasion wand being rubbed over my face, it was totally painless, and I had my whole face done twice & then she concentrated on my problem areas, for me this was my forehead, nose, chin, cheeks.

Then to finish I had a face mask applied....LOL


The things I do for my blog lol! So my after result.....

This is literally 20 mins after my treatment & although there is a slight redness to my face pores are smaller and my skin feels like satin!

I was told I may be confident enough to go make up free after the treatment, but I really didn't feel my results gave me enough confidence to ditch my foundation.

I was told at my session that in order to get maximum results you need 1 treatment a week for 6 weeks! And at £65 a go I honestly would say this is worth it.

The staff at Hyde Park Clinic were lovely, but this treatment just didn't give me the 'wow' factor I was hoping for.

Have you tried microdermabrasion? If so what did you think of the results?

CF xxx

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/missemmakelly/TwitterSocialMediaIcons_zpsd7efbf10.png