header

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Bourjois Java Rice Powder

Bourjois have reinvented their iconic powder from 1879, and I am a firm believer of the old products work the best. Marking their 150th anniversary they have revamped Java Rice powder into the 21st century, yet leaving the label on the pot very vintage.



I am in love with this shimmery pink hue pot of loveliness and it's certainly helped me combat my dark circles to a point where I don't feel as self conscious about them.

It sets my concealer beautifully without settling in the creases, you can use it to highlight too although I personally don't think the shimmer is chunky enough for this and I'll never stray from my MAC skin-finish for highlighting.

If you prefer the more subtle look then go for this powder.
Think of it as a great all rounder for skin finishing and highlighting, so if your a gal on a beauty budget then you need to invest. 
I have to tell you about the smell, it's the same scent as that of the little round pots, sweet, floral and almost a powdery scent it's gorgeous. 
I cant say it'll be to everyone's taste but I think it smells gorgeous. 
The powder is really finely milled and goes on really nicely without looking cakey on your face, I personally apply mine with my Real Techniques Setting Brush, and I apply mine by tipping a small amount into the lid, swirling my brush through it, tapping off the excess and sweeping across my under eyes. 
I've spoken to the lovelies at Bourjois who confirm that the powder will not just be 
'Limited Edition' but that it's here to stay. 

Have you tried Java Rice Powder? 
Retailing at just £9.99 go on and try it, I'm sure you'll love it! 
xXx

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/missemmakelly/TwitterSocialMediaIcons_zpsd7efbf10.png