header

Thursday 23 January 2014

My Best Friends Wedding & My OOTD 'That Dress'

I'm a hopeless romantic,  I love weddings, they get me every time. I well up watching them on TV, but the overwhelming feeling of emotion you get when it's someone you know and care about it's even more of an emotional event. 
Saturday the 18th of January was a very special day, a friend I hold very close to my heart got married, and I felt very honoured to be a part of her special day.
After the initial wedding dress shopping day over 2 years ago when she found 'The Dress' I cant believe the day has been and gone already. 

With the Bride's permission I'm allowed to share some pictures of her day, and of course she looked amazing.The bride is very quirky, and she loves more vintage things, as opposed to me being a really girly girl, her dress reflected her personality so well. Her dress is by Charlotte Balbier, It's called Flo and was released as part of the Tea Party Collection, it's no longer available but if your a bride looking for a dress look her up she has some beautiful dresses!

All the little touches of the wedding really were perfect, the button bouquet, the button topped wedding cake, the buttons on the name place cards really all tied the vintage/button theme together.
 photo mesamwedding_zpsd0054d66.jpg photo cake_zps5f7557c9.jpg
 photo SWEETWHEEL_zps46394799.jpg
 photo firstdance_zpsd2f82e7e.jpg
 photo placecards_zps38439e79.jpg
So many of you have been asking me about my wedding outfit, I spent ages looking for the right dress, I am terrible planning outfits for occasions, I always change my mind and usually have to try on lots before I find the one, this was dress number three, which for me is actually pretty good!

The dress is by Lipsy and it's just been launched as part of their spring range for 2014, shop it on the Lipsy Website here priced at £58 it's pretty reasonable, although I do think Lipsy can be a little overpriced, especially the VIP range.
 photo mesmile_zps480f0686.jpg
It's perfect for a winter wedding, the black background really sets of the pastel flowers and the slight hints of neon make it perfect for spring & summer, I'll be teaming this with wedges when the sun makes an appearance. My hair piece is a 3/4 piece from the team at Beauty Works  and depending on your shade these come in at just under £40, I wont go into too much details as I have a post on my hair coming up really soon.
My shoes are Primark, and cost just £10, my hair Fascinatior is by Ben De Lisi and cost £15 I matched the whole outfit together with a beautiful clutch bag by Coast which I picked up in the sale for £19 (reduced from £50) I wore my Swarovski ring and cuff bracelet too.

My nails stayed neutral with pretty pearls and crystals to add a bit of detail...
 photo nails_zpsfeb4c35c.jpg
There's no 'official' photographs available yet, but as soon as they are I'll see if i can share some with you :)
xXx

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/missemmakelly/TwitterSocialMediaIcons_zpsd7efbf10.png